(Click on the images to zoom and see additional content)
The dedication of the new campus took place over three days, October 10-12. There were formal addresses, invited dignitaries, and tours for the Rochester community. A special issue of the Rochester Review recorded the events.
The procession set out from the Rush Rhees Library, circled the Quadrangle and descended to the new Alumni Gymnasium. The column was headed by faculty marshals, President Rhees, speakers, regents of the University of the State of New York, delegates of academic institutions (67) and of learned societies, individual guests, state, county and city officials, trustees of the University, members of the faculty and alumni of classes prior to 1881 – altogether a procession of over 300 people.
Rush Rhees standing on the steps of "his" library, welcoming the undergraduates to the new campus.
The formal program for the dedication includes the events, and list of speakers.